Tis the season!
Tis the season for colds, the flue, viruses and sinus infections! YUCK! Who loves a good cold??? No one! Here’s a juice that will boost your immunity before a cold hits and keep you warm during the cold winter.
Carrot Cranberry Juice
Can you say; “YUM”? This juice contains the versatile carrot, the anti-bacterial cranberry and spicy ginger. Here’s why this juice is good for boosting your immune system.
Carrots are one of the most common veggies around. Benefits of carrots:
- Carrots are rich in vitamins A, B and C, iron, calcium, potassium and sodium
- Carrots help cleanse the liver and digestive system
- Carrots can also help relieve kidney stones and gout
Here is another juice recipe with carrots:
Cranberries – tart, tangy and beautiful!
- Cranberries can help combat urinary tract and bladder infections. Juice from fresh berries is MUCH more effective than the store bought version.
- Cranberries are also very high in vitamin C.
- The high antioxidant content protects free radical formation in the cells.
Check out this smoothie recipe featuring the mighty cranberry – click here.
Ginger has a characteristic spicy warming flavor. If you drink too much it will make you sweat – take it from me! See the following benefits of ginger:
- Fresh ginger can help prevent nausea and morning sickness
- Ginger stimulates blood flow to the digestive system and increases nutrient absorption
- Ginger can also protect the liver from toxins – NICE
- 8 carrots
- 1 bag of fresh cranberrie
- 2 inches of ginger
Juice all ingredients and ENJOY!