Hi Folks! I’m bringing back the Plants are Cool segment and tonight it’s all about sage. Sage is one of my favorite herbs. I love the way it smells and the flavor is sexy. We have a sage plant growing in our yard and I enjoy watching it flower and grow as the seasons come and go. Most folks know sage from using it in the kitchen but this herb can do more than add flavor to a soup. It’s been called a “cure all” and here is why:
9 Benefits of using sage:
- Sage tea can prevent night sweats (I need this tea for that time of the month!! – sorry TMI!)
- Sage tea can help ease gas found in the stomach and bowels
- It can eliminate worms from children and adults
- This herb can cleanse ulcers and sores.
- It can soothe inflammation of the skin (we have bathed Caleb in sage before)
- Sage can strengthen the hair, and promote growth, and help eliminate dandruff (say what!?)
- It’s good for colds, influenza, asthma, coughs, bronchitis and pneumonia
- Sage can help balance a woman’s menstrual cycle.
- Tea can be used to wash wounds to speed up healing
To make a cup of tea, just add 1 teaspoon of dried herb to 1 cup of boiling water. Let it steep fo5 to 10 minutes while covered and enjoy. If you have fresh sage, just add a few sprigs. Of course the more you add the more concentrated and stronger the tea will be. I’ve used sage for pesto, fresh juice and for my DIY hair conditioner. Now that I know all the other benefits of this wonderful plant I’ll be using it more often!
See! Told ya plants are cool!! 🙂 Do you have any other uses for sage?
Peace and love!